- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Christmas Date Muffins Recipe
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly grated|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain yogurt||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pitted dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), slivered|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1556 Calories from Fat 383
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.3%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 233.5 mg
Sodium 1519.1 mg63.3%
Total Carbohydrates 269 g89.8%
Dietary Fiber 13.7 g54.8%
Sugars 158.1 g
Protein 35 g69.4%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 3.1%
Calcium 52.8% Iron 52.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Sift together the baking powder, baking soda, flour, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
3) Beat the egg, sugar and yogurt together till the ingredients are well blended and then add the flour mixture along with the nuts and dates.
4) Stir till the flour is dampened.
5) With the batter, fill 12 greased muffin cups about 2/3rd full.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, till a toothpick inserted in the center emerges clean.
7) Transfer the muffins to a decorative serving plate and serve while still warm. Can be topped with some whipped cream if preferred.