- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Coconut Bonbons Recipe Video
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||16 Ounce|
|Sweetened condensed milk||7 Ounce (½ of a 14 ounce can)|
|Flaked coconut||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Chopped pecan||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||12 Ounce|
|Paraffin||1 Ounce (Optional)|
Calories 416 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.6 mg
Sodium 78.7 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 45.3 g
Protein 3 g6%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 0.88%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Line a shallow baking pan with waxed paper and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and confectioner's sugar. Mix well.
3. Add sweetened condensed milk, flaked coconut, and chopped pecans.
4. Roll mixture into 1-inch balls and place them on the baking pan. Pop the pan in refrigerator to chill for ½ to 1 hour.
5. In a double boiler, melt semisweet chocolate chips and paraffin (if desired).
6. Use a toothpick to dip balls in melted chocolate mixture and place them on the wax paper lined pan. Chill until ready to serve.
7. Serve chilled and enjoy!
These can be made ahead and frozen. Just thaw them for a couple of hours before serving them.