- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Christmas Cinnamon Stars Recipe
|Blanched almonds||1⁄2 Pound, grated|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
Calories 231 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.1%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 26.1 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 16 g
Protein 7 g14.9%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Grate almonds and set aside.
3. Beat egg whites until stiff, not dry, peaks are formed.
4. Add confectioners' sugar gradually, beating constantly.
5. Continue beating for 5 min. with an electric beater on medium speed. Blend in lemon peel and cinnamon.
6. Set aside 1/2 cup of meringue for icing.
7. Fold almonds into remaining meringue mixture. Gently pat or roll out 3/8 in. thick on pastry canvas sprinkled with granulated sugar. Lightly sprinkle the top of the dough with more sugar. Cut out stars with a 2- to 2 1/2-in. star-shape cookie cutter dipped in confectioners' sugar. Carefully place stars on cookie sheets. Drop 1/2 teaspoon of the reserved meringue out onto each point of the star.
8. Bake at 325°F 15 to 18 min.
9. Immediately remove cookies from cookie sheets to cooling racks.