- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chow Meins Recipe
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Sliced celery||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned mixed vegetables||2 Pound, drained (2 Cans, 1 Pound Each, Chinese)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Leftover cooked meats/Poultry||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut up|
|Small spinach leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chow mein noodles||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||To Taste|
Calories 602 Calories from Fat 218
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.8%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.2 mg
Sodium 1544.7 mg64.4%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g42.6%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 40 g80.1%
Vitamin A 552.1% Vitamin C 38.3%
Calcium 12.6% Iron 27.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Heat oil and sauté onion in it until lightly browned.
2) Mix in celery, bouillon cubes and water and cook, covered for 5 minutes.
3) Add in rest of the ingredients except salt, pepper, soy sauce, cornstarch and chow mein noodles and bring to a boil.
4) Add salt, pepper and soy sauce to taste.
5) Mix cornstarch with a little cold water and use this mixture to thicken the liquid.
6) Serve hot with cooked chow mein noodles.