- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chow Mein Casserole Recipe
|Boneless chicken breasts||1 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Instant chicken broth||1 Teaspoon (1 Envelope)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mushroom chow mein||43 Ounce (1 Divider Pac)|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned chow mein noodles||3 Ounce (1 Can)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8133 Calories from Fat 3683
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 438 g673.7%
Saturated Fat 62.8 g313.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 263.1 mg
Sodium 8629.9 mg359.6%
Total Carbohydrates 857 g285.7%
Dietary Fiber 52.3 g209.1%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 225 g450.4%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C 9.1%
Calcium 34.3% Iron 394.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat oil in a medium-size skillet for 30 seconds. Add the chicken. Stir-fry quickly until chicken turns white, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in soy sauce, instant chicken broth, water and can of sauce from chow mein.
4. Drain and rinse can of vegetables; stir into the chicken mixture; heat to bubbly-hot.
5. Layer half the cooked rice in buttered, 8-cup casserole; add half the hot chicken mixture; repeat the layering; sprinkle the top with the chow-mein noodles.
6. Bake in a moderate oven (350°) for 15 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbly-hot.