- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Choux Pastry Recipe
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Ounce (65 Gram)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Water||4 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Well beaten eggs||2|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 808 Calories from Fat 499
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.1%
Saturated Fat 32.3 g161.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 544.9 mg
Sodium 403.5 mg16.8%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 20 g40.8%
Vitamin A 38.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 7.7% Iron 28.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F/ 200°C
2. Line a baking tray or baking sheet with grease proof paper.
3. Prepare a piping bag fitting a ½ inch plain nozzle.
4. Sift the flour and salt onto a piece of paper.
5. In a large saucepan, combine water and cubes of butter.
6. Place saucepan on a medium flame and bring the water to a boil. The butter will melt and float on the top.
7. Take pan off the heat and add the flour all at once into the saucepan. Using a wooden spoon, simultaneously stir the flour into the liquid, beating to remove lumps.
8. Return the pan to the flame and cook, stirring continuously until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
9. Take pan off the flame and add half of the beaten egg mixture into the batter. Working quickly, stir the egg into the batter until well incorporated.
10. Then add the remaining egg and beat until mixed well.
11. Cover the pan and stand for 10 minutes till the batter it cool.
12. Spoon the thick batter into the prepared piping bag.
13. Pipe mixture onto the baking sheet, into fingers or into rounds as required.
14. Bake the pastry in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
15. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.
16. You can pipe a cream filling, jam or chocolate into the choux pastry.
17. Coat the pastry with chocolate, glaze, caramel or just dust with sugar.