- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Choux Pastry Recipe Video
Calories 122 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.8%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 43 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.29 g1.2%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.1% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the choux pastry first, in a pot put the water, sugar, salt and the butter, let everything melt and come to a boil.
2. Then add the flour and mix well, remove from the heat and stir until the dough forms into a ball.
3. On low flame cook the mixture until a patina forms on the bottom of the pot, stirring constantly.
4. Once the dough is formed, remove from heat and place the dough in a dish and let it cool down completely.
5. Preheat the oven at 430°F (220°C) and prepare a baking tray with lined parchment paper.
6. In another bowl crack the eggs ensure the eggs are at room temperature, mix one egg at a time in the dough; do not add the second one until the first one has been completely absorbed by the dough.
7. Fill dough in the pastry bag which is fitted with a smooth nozzle and pipe out small mounds on the lined baking tray.
8. Bake it in a preheated oven for 15 minutes after that reduce the temperature to 370° and bake for further 10 minutes. Once cooked leave the pastry to dry out for 15-20 minute.
9. Serve the choux pastry along with your choice of sweet or savoury sauce.