- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pate a Choux Recipe Video
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Egg||7 Medium (or more as needed)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1816 Calories from Fat 1090
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 123 g189.8%
Saturated Fat 67.6 g337.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1544.6 mg
Sodium 1415.6 mg59%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 56 g111.7%
Vitamin A 86.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 21.4% Iron 71.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan , combine water, salt, butter over a medium heat and bring to a simmer.
2) Just as the butter melts, stir in all the flour with a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a ball, pulls away from the sides and leaves a whitish film at the bottom of the pan.
3) In a large bowl, transfer the mixture and work with a wooden spoon to cool it down slightly.
4) Gradually work in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5) The dough must be stiff enough to hold it’s shape when piped but still loose enough to pipe.
6) You have added enough eggs if the dough droops from a spoon held sideways.
7) Use the pate a choux to make cream puffs or eclairs or as desired.