- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Chorizo Stuffed Dates Recipe Video
|Italian sausage||1⁄2 Pound|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1860 Calories from Fat 1082
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 122 g188.2%
Saturated Fat 43.9 g219.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 299.1 mg99.7%
Sodium 3675.8 mg153.2%
Total Carbohydrates 129 g43%
Dietary Fiber 13.4 g53.8%
Sugars 109.4 g
Protein 72 g143.9%
Vitamin A 18.2% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 26.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Take the slab of bacon and cut it half. So you now have slices that are about 4 inches long and 1 inch high.
3. Remove the casing from the chorizo.
4. Take a date and carefully slice open one side so that it is now one long piece.
5. Take a pinch of the chorizo meat and place it in the middle of the sliced opened date. Close the date so that it resembles its original shape.
6. Wrap it with a bacon slice and secure it with a toothpick. Repeat.
7. Place the chorizo stuffed dates on the grill and close the lid. Allow to grill for about 2 to 4 minutes.
8. Turn over, close the lid, and grill for an additional 2 minutes or until the bacon is cooked. Remove and serve.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com