- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chop Suey Loaf Recipe
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Juice Of 1 Orange With Water To Make 3/4 Cup Liquid)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), mixed with water to make 3/4 cup liquid (Juice Extracted From 1 Orange)|
|Chopped raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 722 Calories from Fat 174
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.5%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.9%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 52.9 mg
Sodium 476.7 mg19.9%
Total Carbohydrates 128 g42.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.7%
Sugars 71.4 g
Protein 13 g26.3%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 42.5%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 21.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Beat the shortening until creamy and fluffy.
3) Add the sugar and beat well to a creamy mixture.
4) Add the beaten egg and vanilla.
5) Combine together all the other dry ingredients.
6) Add alternately with liquid to the egg mixture.
7) Add fruit.
8) Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 350°F for 1 1/4 hours.
9) Serve hot and crispy.