- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Chop Suey Recipe
|Chopped cooked meat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Chicken, Pork, Veal Or Beef)|
|Consomme||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned chinese vegetables||29 Ounce (One No 2 Can Or 2 1/4 Cup)|
|Peanut oil/Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1671 Calories from Fat 832
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g143.6%
Saturated Fat 19.5 g97.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 221.1 mg
Sodium 2299.3 mg95.8%
Total Carbohydrates 120 g40.1%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28.1%
Sugars 16.1 g
Protein 92 g184.9%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 41.3%
Calcium 17.4% Iron 29%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a bowl and chop up the meat, celery and onions in it.
2) Add a cup of consommé, sugar, soy sauce and pepper and mix well.
3) Drain the vegetables properly.
4) Take a blazer pan and heat oil in it.
5) Add meat and cook quickly until browned.
6) Add celery and onions and cook 5 minutes.
7) Put the seasoned consommé in and heat thoroughly.
8) Add the vegetables and bring to a boil.
9) Stir the cornstarch in along with rest of the consommé (1/4 cups) .
10) Keep cooking for 5 minutes.
11) Place over hot water to keep warm.
12) Serve as required.