- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chop Chop Suey Recipe
|Onion||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped (For The Cheese Sauce:)|
|Canned chop suey vegetables||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Beef/Veal / lamb||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked diced (For The Cheese Sauce:)|
|Beef/Veal/lamb||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked finely diced|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Raw rice||4 Cup (64 tbs), cooked|
|Raw rice||4 Cup (64 tbs), hot cooked (2 Cups Raw)|
Calories 2110 Calories from Fat 337
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g57.9%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 164.9 mg55%
Sodium 697.9 mg29.1%
Total Carbohydrates 349 g116.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.2%
Sugars 14.8 g
Protein 82 g164.7%
Vitamin A 153.3% Vitamin C 46.8%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 51.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In large frying pan melt butter or margarine and saute onion over low heat for about 10 minutes such that the onion gets tender.
2. Draining the chop-suey vegetables, measure 3/4 cup liquid and add to the sauteed onion.
3. Stir in chop-suey vegetables, celery, salt and pepper, bring to boil, lower heat, simmer for 5 minutes; and add meat.
4. In a cup blend in cornstarch and sugar with water and soy sauce to make a smooth paste and stir into meat mixture.
5. With constant stirring heat, such that the mixture thickens and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Around edge of serving dish pile hot cooked rice in ring, spoon hot chop suey in center and if desired, garnish with pimiento strips.