- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chooma Na Ladoo A Sweet From India Recipe Video
|Wheat flour||500 Gram|
|Ghee/Clarified butter||200 Gram|
|Brown sugar||200 Gram|
|Ground cardamom||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 420 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.9%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g62.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.6 mg
Sodium 2.6 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g25%
Sugars 20.2 g
Protein 7 g13.8%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.18%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, put the wheat flour. Pour water and mix well. Knead the dough until smooth.
2. Make balls with the dough. Roll the balls into 6-8inch circles using a rolling pin.
3. In a pan over medium heat, place the rotlas. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Flip and fry on other side until golden brown and crispy.
4. Remove from heat and break the rotlas into small bits.
5. In a blender, put the broken rotla bits and pulverize them. Transfer it to a bowl.
6. In a pan over medium low heat, melt ghee and add in the brown sugar. Stir well until the syrup thickens.
7. Add the melted ghee and brown sugar over the pulverized mix. Add ground cardamom and mix well.
8. Make small round balls using a plastic mould and place them in a plate.
9. Garnish the ladoo with almonds and poppy seeds.
10. Serve this Choorma Na Ladoo as it is and enjoy diwali!