- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Choice Chocolate Cake Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Buttermilk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla chocolate frosting/1 can chocolate frosting candy coated milk chocolate pieces||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2345 Calories from Fat 1020
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 115 g177.2%
Saturated Fat 24.6 g123.2%
Trans Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 801.6 mg33.4%
Total Carbohydrates 327 g109%
Dietary Fiber 18.3 g73.3%
Sugars 202.9 g
Protein 31 g61.1%
Vitamin A 82.5% Vitamin C 0.18%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 72.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In the mixing bowl, put flour, sugar, and baking soda. Mix well with the wooden spoon. Save until Step 4.
3. In saucepan, put margarine, water, and cocoa powder. Put pan on burner. Turn to medium. Heat till margarine melts. Turn off burner. Remove pan from burner.
4. Crack the egg into the custard cup. Add the egg, margarine mixture, buttermilk, and vanilla to dry ingredients. Beat till smooth with the wooden spoon. Pour the batter into the greased pan. With the rubber scraper, scrape all batter from the bowl into the pan.
5. Put the pan in the oven. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean when inserted near the center. Use hot pads to remove cake from oven. Turn off oven. Cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Turn cake in pan upside-down on rack. Carefully lift pan from cake. Place the second cooling rack over cake. Turn over so the rounded side of the cake is on top. Remove top cooling rack. Cool completely.
6. Frost cake with Chocolate Frosting.