- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Waffles a la Mode Recipe
|Unsweetened chocolate square||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Milk chocolate||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Chocolate ice cream||1 Quart|
|Chopped nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 717 Calories from Fat 390
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.8%
Saturated Fat 22.4 g112.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.2 mg
Sodium 483.8 mg20.2%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.2%
Sugars 38.5 g
Protein 17 g33.5%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 38% Iron 38.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a double boiler, melt butter and chocolate together over hot water. Remove and set aside to cool when completely melted
2. In another mixing bowl, sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together to make a uniform mix
3. Add beaten eggs and chocolate milk to the flour and beat until smooth.
4. Add melted butter and chocolate to batter and blend.
5. Bake waffle batter in waffle iron.
6. Serve waffles topped with ice cream and chopped nuts.