- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Chocolate Truffles with Coconut Recipe Video
|Raw cashews||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bittersweet chocolate||1⁄2 Pound|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shaved or grated|
Calories 352 Calories from Fat 202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.8%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9.8 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.1%
Sugars 32 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 0.62%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Scoop sides of blender to get all cashew pieces back to the center, and continue blending unti mixture is the consistency of heavy cream.
3. In a double boiler hat chocolate until it melts.
4. Cool chocolate until it melts enough to work with and begin to fold in cashew cream slowly. Be careful not to create bubbles while folding the cashew cream into the melted chocolate.
5. Cool in refrigerator for 2 hours to set.
6. Take out of refrigerator and role into small balls with your hands.
7. Once the chocolate is in a ball, drop the ball into the bowl full of coconut and roll it around until all sides are covered.
For more information please visit: http://www.eat-me-tv.com