- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Cream Cheese Dessert Recipe
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce|
|Crushed vanilla wafers||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chocolate flavored mix||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 374 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.8%
Saturated Fat 15 g74.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 145.4 mg48.5%
Sodium 185.2 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.14 g0.56%
Sugars 27 g
Protein 6 g11%
Vitamin A 30.6% Vitamin C 40.4%
Calcium 17.9% Iron 33.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Let the cream cheese stand at room temperature until softened.
2. In a large mixing bowl blend crushed wafers and melted butter.
3. Evenly line well-buttered 9-inch spring form pan with crumb mixture.
4. Refrigerate until chilled.
5. In large size mixing bowl beat the cheese until fluffy.
6. Combine the 1/2 cup sugar, chocolate-flavored mix, vanilla extract and salt; stir into slightly beaten egg yolks.
7. Blend chocolate mixture until they hold a soft peak.
8. Gradually whip 1/3 cup sugar and the egg whites until whites hold firm peaks.
9. Gently fold into cheese mixture.
10. Pour into crumb-lined pan.
11. Bake in slow oven (250° F.) for 2 hours (DO NOT OPEN OVEN DURING BAKING.) Remove from oven.
12. Set away from drafts until well cooled and remove sides of pan.
13. Whip heavy cream with 2 tablespoons sugar and garnish cake with whipped cream and shaved chocolate.