- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Bites - Valentines Specials Recipe Video
|For the cake|
|Dark chocolate||10 Ounce|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , seperated|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Orange blossom water||2 Tablespoon|
|Red sugar||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
|Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as required)|
Calories 456 Calories from Fat 250
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.2%
Saturated Fat 17.2 g86%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124.7 mg
Sodium 61.9 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.2%
Sugars 35.3 g
Protein 4 g8.6%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 44.5%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 16.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a double boiler melt the chocolate. Once it is melted, add the butter and stir continuously till melted and smooth.
2. Into the bowl with egg yolk, add sugar and beat till mixed and off white in color.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the cupcake liners on it and set aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
5. Mix the chocolate mixture with the egg yolk mixture till combined. Add the flour and salt, mix them well.
6. In another bowl, beat the egg white till it forms stiff peaks.
7. Fold the egg white into the chocolate mixture.
8. Fill the baking cupcake liners with chocolate mixture. Bake for around 12 minutes.
9. SAUCE: In a blender put strawberries, powdered sugar and orange blossom water. Blend till smooth.
10. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
11. In a serving plate, place the cupcakes warm or cold. Drizzle the strawberry sauce over it and garnish with dollop of whipped cream. Sprinkle red sugar and serve.