- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Whoopie Pies: Cookie Jar Recipe Video
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Dutch-processed cocoa powder)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cubed|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||2 Ounce|
|Marshmallow fluff||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4041 Calories from Fat 1619
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 185 g284.5%
Saturated Fat 111.2 g555.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 644.8 mg
Sodium 2656.9 mg110.7%
Total Carbohydrates 594 g197.9%
Dietary Fiber 46.6 g186.3%
Sugars 308.3 g
Protein 70 g139.1%
Vitamin A 105.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 31.6% Iron 163.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Into a small bowl whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In mixer, beat sugar and butter until fluffy. Then beat in egg & vanilla.
4. Turn off mixer and add half of flour mixture. Turn mixer on low and add half of buttermilk. Add the rest of the flour and buttermilk and beat until just combined. Use spatula to give final stir.
5. Use medium cookie scoop and scoop 6 mounds of dough onto a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Remove parchment from baking sheets and cool cookies on cooling rack. Continue baking the rest of the cookies.
For the filling:
7. In mixer, cream butter and cream cheese. Add Marshmallow Fluff and vanilla and beat until well blended. Add powdered sugar and beat until fluffy. Scrape down bowl and mix until all of the powdered sugar disappears.
8. When cookies are completely cooled, spread about 2 tablespoons of filling in the center flat-side of one cookie.
9. Place the flat side of a second cookie on top of the filling and press cookies together lightly, to bring filling to edges. Repeat with remaining cookies and filling.
10. Serve the sweet treats with your favorite beverages and enjoy!
Because of the cream cheese in the filling, these cookies need to be refrigerated. When ready to serve, bring them out and leave at room temperature for 5-10 minutes. You can also wrap them individually in plastic, place them in a freezer bag and store in the freezer. They take 15-20 minutes to defrost.