- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Walnut Roll Recipe
|Fine dry bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), ground|
|Cake flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sifted|
|Unsweetened cocoa||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coffee beverage||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), chilled|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped candied cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Half Red And Half Green)|
|Semi sweet chocolate||2 Ounce (2 Squares)|
|Vegetable shortening||2 Teaspoon|
|Light corn syrup||2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3932 Calories from Fat 2178
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 255 g392.7%
Saturated Fat 83.7 g418.5%
Trans Fat 1.3 g
Cholesterol 1174.7 mg
Sodium 1984 mg82.7%
Total Carbohydrates 369 g122.9%
Dietary Fiber 45.4 g181.8%
Sugars 241.1 g
Protein 79 g158.7%
Vitamin A 90.4% Vitamin C 4.6%
Calcium 87.3% Iron 70.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
waxed paper. To prevent sticking and for a slightly heavier crust, sprinkle greased paper with bread crumbs.
2. Sift together the cake flour, unsweetened cocoa, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Combine with walnuts, mixing well.
3. Separate the eggs and beat egg whites with cream of tartar in large mixer bowl until foamy. Beating constantly, add 1/2 cup sugar gradually until very stiff peaks are formed.
4. Using same beater, beat the egg yolks until thick. Beat in coffee beverage.
5. Blend in the walnut-flour mixture. Turn batter over beaten egg whites and fold gently with spatula until no streaks of white remain. Turn into the baking pan and spread batter evenly into corners.
6. Bake at 400°F 10 minutes. Turn out onto sheet of waxed paper sprinkled with granulated sugar (about 2 tablespoons). Carefully peel off paper from cake. Cover cake with the pan and cool.
7. Meanwhile, prepare Walnut Cream Filling. Combine heavy cream and 2 tablespoons sugar in a small mixer bowl. Beat until stiff peaks are formed, then blend in vanilla extract and brandy.
8. Fold in chopped walnuts and candied cherries. Spread cooled cake with the filling and roll up lengthwise. Place roll on serving plate.
9. Prepare Chocolate Glaze. Melt semisweet chocolate and vegetable shortening over hot water. Remove from heat and stir in light corn syrup.
10. Cool slightly, then spread over top and sides of cake roll. Decorate with walnut halves and candied red cherries.