- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Bavarian Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||3|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold brewed coffee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coffee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), brewed|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Cream fresh||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Whipping)|
Calories 301 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25%
Saturated Fat 9 g45.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 158.2 mg
Sodium 257.7 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.8%
Sugars 27.6 g
Protein 10 g20.1%
Vitamin A 6.5% Vitamin C 0.59%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Stir in gelatin, 1/2 cup of the sugar, salt, and nutmeg in top of a double boiler.
2) Add chocolate, milk, coffee, and vanilla to the mixture.
3) Heat the mixture stirring constantly over simmering water till chocolate melts. Beat the mixture till smooth.
4) In a medium-size bowl beat egg yolks.
5) Mix about 1/2 cup of the hot chocolate mixture.
6) Add the remaining in top of double boiler.
7) Cook the mixture stirring constantly over simmering water for 3 to 5 minutes.
8) Remove from heat and strain into a large bowl.
9) Chill the content until as thick as unbeaten egg white.
10) In a medium-size bowl beat egg whites till foamy and double in volume.
11) Add 1/4 cup sugar, a tablespoon at a time and beat till forms soft peaks.
12) In another bowl add cream and beat until stiff.
13) Beat in chilled chocolate-gelatin mixture until fluffy.
14) Fold in meringue and then whipped cream.
15) Transfer into a 6-cup mold and chill for several hours or overnight until firm.
16) Unmold on a serving plate.
17) Garnish with peppermint patties on top.