- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Velvet Recipe
|Unsweetened baking chocolate squares||4 Ounce (4 Squares, 1 Ounce Each)|
|Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sweetened rhubarb sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained (Slightly Sweetened)|
|Unflavored yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5074 Calories from Fat 2735
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 315 g484.5%
Saturated Fat 79.6 g398.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 437.6 mg
Sodium 1663.8 mg69.3%
Total Carbohydrates 557 g185.8%
Dietary Fiber 37.4 g149.5%
Sugars 312.5 g
Protein 74 g148.3%
Vitamin A 170.4% Vitamin C 21%
Calcium 60.4% Iron 204.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a heavy pan, melt the chocolate with 1/2 the margarine over a very low heat, stir continuously; allow to cool.
3) In a bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and spices together.
4) In a bowl, cut rest of margarine into the sugar with a pastry blender.
5) Then gradually beat in the eggs, one at a time, mix well.
6) Stir in the melted chocolate, vanilla and rhubarb, blend well.
7) Alternately add the flour mixture and yogurt, beat until smooth after each addition.
8) Stir in the walnuts and mix until evenly distributed.
9) In a grease 9 X 13-inch baking pan, lined with a waxed paper, spread the batter evenly at the bottom.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes; allow to cool in the pan and stand overnight.
11) Frost the cake with the chocolate cream frosting, if desired.
12) Slice and serve on a serving platter.