- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Velvet Recipe
|Unsweetened chocolate square||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Eggs||5 , separated|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Graham crackers||1 Cup (16 tbs), rolled|
Calories 994 Calories from Fat 571
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g100.6%
Saturated Fat 37.7 g188.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 388.1 mg
Sodium 323.6 mg13.5%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 72.4 g
Protein 14 g27.6%
Vitamin A 34.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 11.9% Iron 29.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Allow the chocolate to melt and set it aside to cool.
2) In the top of a double boiler, add milk, sugar and beaten egg yolks to combine.
3) Heat the water to boil to cook the mixture by continuous stirring until thick.
4) Let it cool.
5) In another bowl, mix the butter or margarine, confectioners' sugar and the cooled chocolate.
6) Blend this into the cold egg yolk mixture.
7) Separately, beat egg whites to stiff.
8) Fold in chocolate mixture and blend properly.
9) Use an 8-inch-square pan, to sprinkle half the crumbs at the bottom.
10) Pour in chocolate mixture into pan and top with remaining crumbs.
11) Place inside refrigerator to chill for overnight.
12) Before serving, cut into squares.