- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Vanilla Marble Cake Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use powdered sugar)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Pillsbury creamy chocolate icing||250 Gram|
Calories 857 Calories from Fat 438
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g76.1%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g43.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 144.8 mg
Sodium 409.8 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 58.5 g
Protein 11 g21.4%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C
Calcium 25.7% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. In a large bowl, separate the egg whites. In another bowl, place the egg yolks.
3. Beat the egg whites to soft peaks. Separately beat the egg yolks and add to the fluffy egg white mix.
4. Add sugar to the egg mixture and then mix thoroughly.
5. Slowly add milk, oil and vanilla essence to the egg and sugar mixture, while continuing the beating process. Beat until the mixture turns nice and smooth.
6. In another large bowl, sift in all purpose flour and baking powder.
7. Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture tablespoon by tablespoon. Continue beating in a round motion until the batter becomes really smooth and shining.
8. Use another bowl to pour in half of the batter and keep it aside.
9. Slowly add cocoa powder in one bowl and continue mixing until the cocoa powder is nicely incorporated.
10. Use a 9" baking pan, to grease and dust with little flour.
11. Now with a ladle pour the white batter in the middle of the pan. Wait for the batter to spread into the pan. Take another ladle of cocoa batter, and pour into the middle of the plain batter. Continue this process, until both the batters are used up.
12. Place the pan inside the pre-heated oven and bake at 180C for 30-35 minutes. Insert a sharp knife or toothpick in the center of the cake to check whether it is nicely baked or not.
13. Bring the pan out of the oven and let it rest on the rack for 5-10 minutes, before you remove the cake from the cake pan.
14. Allow the cake to cool down in normal temperature, before you start icing.
15. Follow the instruction on the Pillsbury Creamy Chocolate Icing box to complete icing the cake.
16. Place the cake inside refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, to set the icing.
17. Serve the cake as a dessert by adding your choice of toppings with a dollop of whipped cream or chocolate sauce.