- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Tartlets Recipe
|Plain flour||8 Ounce|
|Butter||4 Ounce, chilled (250 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Dark chocolate||6 Ounce, broken|
|Unsalted butter||12 Ounce, diced (15 Gram)|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5617 Calories from Fat 3909
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 443 g681.8%
Saturated Fat 271.6 g1357.9%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 1834.9 mg
Sodium 370.9 mg15.5%
Total Carbohydrates 360 g120.1%
Dietary Fiber 17.3 g69.4%
Sugars 155 g
Protein 51 g101.6%
Vitamin A 247.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 33.3% Iron 101%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
2) In a bowl, rub the flour with butter until the mixture is crumbly. Then stir in the sugar and beaten egg and mix into a firm dough with a little water if required.
3) On a floured surface, knead the dough, roll out and line 8 x 7 cm / 3 inch deep tartlet tins. Roll the trimmings and line another 2-3 tins.
4) Place crumpled foil in the lined tins and place them over a baking sheet.
5) Bake in the preheated for 15 minutes, then discard the foil and bake for further 5 minutes and allow to cool.
6) In a bowl, add the chocolate and water, melt the chocolate over a pan of hot water.
7) Remove the bowl, stir in and melt the butter and mix in the brandy and egg yolks.
8) Stiffly whisk the egg whites, fold into the chocolate mixture and blend well.
9) Spoon the mixture into the tart shells and allow to set.
10) Dust the chocolate tartlets with icing sugar and serve.