- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Chocolate Souffle Cake Recipe Video
|Bittersweet chocolate||12 Ounce, chop|
|Unsalted butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1 teaspoon for greasing the pan)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 271 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.7%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77.1 mg25.7%
Sodium 201.3 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g7%
Sugars 31.2 g
Protein 12 g24.5%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.5% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Mark a wax paper to the size of your spring-form pan and cut out with a scissors.
2. Butter the bottom and the sides of the spring-foam pan. Place the wax paper and butter the paper as well.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Over simmering water, place a bowl to make a double boiler. Add the butter and bittersweet chocolate and melt. Stir until it melts completely. Once done, set aside to cool.
5. Beat the egg whites in a mixer until soft peaks are formed. Also add the salt.
6. Once soft peaks are formed, add in the sugar one tablespoon at a time until hard, glossy peaks are formed. Total of 6 tablespoons of sugar should be added.
7. Add a egg yolk into the chocolate mix and whisk. Add the remaining 4 egg yolks the same way.
8. Next, add in the vanilla and remaining 6 tablespoons of sugar and whisk along with a pinch of salt.
9. Then add the flour and whisk until everything is combined and smooth.
10. Fold in 1/4th of the egg whites mix into the chocolate and whisk. Then, add the remaining and fold from the bottom to the top of the bowl.
11. Pour the mix into the buttered spring-foam pan and pop into the oven for 35 minutes You'll know it is done when a toothpick inserted in it comes out with moist crumbs.
12. Remove from the oven and cool for an hour. Run a knife around the edges and remove the spring-foam pan.
13. Slice, plate and eat.
TIPS: The cake souffle will taste better the next day when it is made.