- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Souffle Recipe
|All-purpose flour||6 Tablespoon (1/3 Cup + 2 Teaspoons)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), divided|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||2 Ounce|
|Orange liqueur||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 235 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.9%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 142.5 mg
Sodium 153 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.41 g1.6%
Sugars 18.3 g
Protein 9 g17.4%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 11.5% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a 1 1/2-quart souffle dish, spread the margarine on the bottom and sides.
3) In a small bowl, mix the flour, sugar and salt together.
4) Gradually stir in 1 cup milk until smooth, keep aside.
5) In a double boiler, mix the chocolate and 1 cup milk, cook over boiling water, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate is melted.
6) Stir the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture, stir constantly and cook until the mixture thickens.
7) Stir in the liqueur and vanilla. Turn off the heat and allow to stand for about 15 minutes until the mixture is lukewarm.
8) In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes until thick, stir in chocolate mixture.
9) In a 2-quart bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar with clean beaters until stiff.
10) Lightly stir 1/4 of the beaten whites into the chocolate mixture and fold in remaining whites.
11) Gently pour the mixture into the prepared souffle dish.
Set in a 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan and pour in 1 inch boiling water into the pan.
12) Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 1/2 hours until firm.
13) Sprinkle sugar dust and serve immediately.