- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggless Chocolate Snowballs Recipe
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), softened|
|Granulated sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped unsalted peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon, sifted|
Calories 199 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.2%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.2 mg
Sodium 42.2 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.8%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 3 g5.9%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.7% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F before baking.
2. In a large mixing bowl, place the butter and beat with an electric mixer until soft.
3. Gradually add sugar, beating until the mixture is light and creamy.
4. Blend in the vanilla.
5. Sift flour, cocoa and salt into a bowl then add to the creamed mixture in batches, beating at low speed to make dough.
6. Fold in the nuts
7. Cover dough with cling film and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes
8. Divide the dough into equal portions (2 tablespoons each) and roll into walnut size balls.
9. Arrange them on cookie sheets, 2 inch apart.
10. Bake cookies in a preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden.
11. Remove from oven and cool cookies slightly on baking sheets.
12. While warm, roll each cookie in powdered sugar and arrange on a wire rack to cool.
13. These cookies simply melt in your mouth when served warm with tea or coffee.
14. They make wonderful treats at tea parties and kids parties or you can pack them in a box and include them in your Christmas hampers.
Store baked cookies in a wax paper lined air tight container, in a cool dry place.