- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Silk Pie Recipe Video
|Chocolate chips||12 Ounce|
|Silken tofu||1 Pound|
|Sweetener||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (agave nectar and brown rice syrup)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Graham cracker pie crust||1|
Calories 662 Calories from Fat 288
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.6%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g47%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 433.3 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.92 g3.7%
Sugars 39.5 g
Protein 10 g20.7%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 4.8% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedBlender
1. Boil water in a double boiler and place the saucepan with chocolate chips over the double boiler.
2. Melt the chocolate chips and stir continuously.
3. In a blender combine tofu, sweetener, vanilla and dash of salt and the melted chocolate chips.
4. Blend thoroughly, stop the blender and scrape down the sides a few times.
5. Pour the mixture into the pie crust and place the pie in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
6. Serve the chocolate silk pie with a dollop of soy whipped “cream.”
If you don’t have a double boiler, boil 1-2 inches of water in a sauce pan. Place chocolate chips in a metal bowl or heat-proof glass bowl and place on top of the sauce pan. Stirring occasionally, melt the chocolate chips.