- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Shortcake with Raspberry Sauce and Whipped Topping Recipe Video
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Thrive chocolate drink mix/2 tablespoon cocoa powder||4 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Thrive raspberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), rehydrate|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), ice cold|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), ice cold|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1018 Calories from Fat 294
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.1%
Saturated Fat 18.7 g93.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 81.5 mg
Sodium 737.2 mg30.7%
Total Carbohydrates 170 g56.5%
Dietary Fiber 17.3 g69.2%
Sugars 98.3 g
Protein 17 g34.9%
Vitamin A 92.1% Vitamin C 345%
Calcium 114.5% Iron 214.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and soda, chocolate drink mix.
2) Cut butter in the flour until pea sized.
3) Add milk and mix into the batter to make it sticky batter.
4) On a floured surface knead the dough to even it out. Add flour if needed.
5) Take a biscuit or cookie cutter and cut two biscuits.
6) Place the biscuits on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
7) Bake them for 12 minutes.
8) To make raspberry sauce, in a bowl add sugar and vanilla to raspberries
9) To make whipped topping, add milk, vanilla and sugar in a mix container and blend for 5-7 minutes.
10) Plate the shortcakes upside down. Spread raspberry sauce in a layer and then topping.
11) Spoon some sauce over the topping and place the other shortcake over it. Serve.