- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Shortbread Stars with Mascarpone Recipe
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Mascarpone||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3893 Calories from Fat 2575
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 292 g450%
Saturated Fat 174.9 g874.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 737.8 mg245.9%
Sodium 422.5 mg17.6%
Total Carbohydrates 328 g109.3%
Dietary Fiber 44.9 g179.6%
Sugars 117.8 g
Protein 59 g117.8%
Vitamin A 161.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 44.9% Iron 141.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 250°F.
2) Cookies : In an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on low speed for 30 seconds.
3) Add the flour, cocoa and salt; mix on low speed for 3 to 5 minutes until the dough comes together.
4) Roll the dough on a lightly floured work surface to 1/4 inch thick.
5) Cut out the cookies with a 2-inch star-shaped cutter, then reroll the scraps and cut out more shapes.
6) Place the shapes on parchment-lined baking sheets and place for 1 hour in the freezer.
7) Bake in the shortbread stars in the preheated oven for 1 hour until firm.
8) Filling : In a small bowl, combine the mascarpone, sugar and vanilla together.
9) Spread about 1 tablespoon mascarpone filling on half of the cookies and top with rest of the cookies.
10) Serve the Chocolate Shortbread Stars with Mascarpone on a platter