- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Sherry Cream Bars Recipe
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||4 Ounce|
|Eggs||4 , slightly beaten|
|Granulated sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs), sifted|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Half-and-half/Light cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sherry/Orange liqueur / kirsch clear creme de cocoa / other clear liqueur||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Semisweet chocolate pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sherry/Other clear liqueur / liquor / water||4 Teaspoon|
Calories 2242 Calories from Fat 1077
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 123 g188.9%
Saturated Fat 65.5 g327.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 414.6 mg
Sodium 173.5 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 281 g93.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g33.8%
Sugars 237.7 g
Protein 19 g38.5%
Vitamin A 51.9% Vitamin C 0.23%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 46.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a baking pan and set aside.
3. In large saucepan, melt 1 cup butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat for making the crust. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in eggs, granulated sugar, and vanilla.
5. Using wooden spoon, beat lightly just until combined.
6. Stir in flour. Spread in prepared pan.
7. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool.
8. For filling: In large bowl, combine powdered sugar and 1/2 cup softened butter.
9. Beat with electric mixer on low speed until combined.
10. Gradually add half-and-half and 1/4 cup sherry; beat well.
11. Stir in nuts. Spread over crust; chill in refrigerator until firm.
12. For topping: In small saucepan, melt semisweet chocolate pieces and 2 tablespoons butter over low heat; remove from heat.
13. Stir in 4 teaspoons sherry until smooth.
14. Drizzle over chilled filling.
15. Chill slightly in refrigerator until set but not firm.
16. With a knife, score top to outline bars; chill until firm.
17. Cut into bars. Store, covered, in refrigerator.