- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet and Salty Chocolate Snack Recipe Video
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 sticks)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), packed|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Semi-sweet chocolate chips||12 Ounce|
Calories 436 Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.5%
Saturated Fat 14.3 g71.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.4 mg
Sodium 391.3 mg16.3%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 22.1 g
Protein 5 g9.2%
Vitamin A 11.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.5% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil.
3. Take the foil lines baking sheet and arrange the saltine crackers on it in a single layer, touching each other to form a sheet. Set aside.
4. In a saucepan on medium heat, put butter and brown sugar.
5. Bring it to boil stirring occasionally.
6. Remove it from heat and add baking soda. Stir to incorporate.
7. Pour this mixture over the saltine crackers and spread to coat evenly.
8. Bake for 8 minutes or till done. Remove from oven.
9. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips all over the saltine sheet and allow to melt in the warmth.
10. Spread it with a spatula to cover evenly.
11. Let it cool completely or put in the fridge to fasten the process.
12. Break it into chunks before serving.
13. In a serving plate, arrange the saltine chocolate snack and serve with choice of drinks or just like that or store in an air tight container.