- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Salami Recipe Video
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Dark chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond/Vanilla cookies / biscotti||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5097 Calories from Fat 3598
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 422 g649.5%
Saturated Fat 104.9 g524.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 369.5 mg
Sodium 771.1 mg32.1%
Total Carbohydrates 260 g86.8%
Dietary Fiber 59 g236.2%
Sugars 121.1 g
Protein 112 g224.8%
Vitamin A 28.6% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 134.4% Iron 104.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small saucepan bring to boil butter, whipping cream, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and pinch of salt.
2. Place chocolate chips in a large bowl, cover with boiled whipping cream mixture. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 5 minutes to melt the chocolate.
3. Meanwhile pound cookies and walnuts in a bag with rolling pin to fairly large pieces.
4. Take the plastic wrap out and mix the chocolate into the cream until well blended. Add chunks of walnuts and cookies and mix.
5. Place the mixture on a piece of plastic wrap and shape it into sausage shape.
6. Pop into freezer for 1 hour. Then take out and unwrap it.
7. Take out the chocolate sausage from the freezer before serving and unwrap it.
8. Cover chocolate salami with powdered sugar
9. Slice and serve.