- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Rum Truffles Recipe
|Seedless raisins||2 Ounce, chopped (50 Gram)|
|Glace cherries||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Sweet biscuits||8 Ounce, crushed (200 Gram)|
|Stale cake||8 Ounce, crumbled (200 Gram)|
|Chocolate powder||5 Tablespoon|
|Apricot jam||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Chocolate vermicelli||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
Calories 753 Calories from Fat 195
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.3%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.2 mg
Sodium 459.1 mg19.1%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.3%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 70.8 g
Protein 12 g23.4%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 0.61%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a bowl, add cherries and raisins and sprinkle rum on them. Keep aside for about 2 hours.
2. Mix cookies, drinking chocolate, fruit and rum mixture and cake crumbs well. Stir in melted jam and mix to form sticky firm dough. Chill for about an hour.
3. Make into small balls coat with vermicelli. Place in flat plates or tray anad allow to become firm.
4. Keep in a rigid container. Cover it, label and freeze.
5. Take the tray and allow to thaw for half an hour at room temperature.
6. Arrange in sweet cases.
7. Serve at room temperature.
1. For more potent truffles, mix more rum and keep in the refrigerator overnight to allow mixture to absorb more rum.