- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Rippli Cheesecake Recipe
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||1|
|Cream cheese package||24 Ounce (3 Packages, 8 Ounces Each)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|All purpose flour||6 Tablespoon|
|Lemon, rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 774 Calories from Fat 371
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.5%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 176.8 mg
Sodium 137.4 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 55.1 g
Protein 14 g28.7%
Vitamin A 8.4% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven hot to 400°
2) To prepare crust, in small bowl cream butter or margarine with granulated and brown sugars until fluffy.
3) Gently sift in flour, baking powder, and salt.
4) Spread evenly on the bottom of 1-inch spring-form pan.
5) Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool in pan on wire rack.
6) To prepare cake melt chocolate in cup over simmering water. Keep aside.
7) In a large bowl soften cream cheese and gently beat in sugar till fluffy.
8) Gently beat in egg yolks just till blended.
9) Add flour, lemon rind and juice, and vanilla.
10) In medium-size bowl beat egg whites till they form soft peaks.
11) In small bowl beat cream until stiff.
12) Fold beaten egg whites and cream into egg-yolk mixture till smooth.
13) Put a third on cooled crust and drizzle a teaspoonful of melted chocolate over.
14) Layer for 2 more times and end with chocolate.
15) With a long thin knife cut through mixture to swirl chocolate.
16) Place pan in oven on reduced heat and bake for 1 hour.
17) Turn heat off and keep in oven with door closed for 1 hour longer.
18) Take out cake from oven. Place wire rack to cool for at least 2 hours.
19) To serve, loosen cake around edge with knife and carefully lift off side of pan.
20) Place cake on its metal base from spring-form pan on serving plate.
21) Cut in wedges and serve.