- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Revel Bars Recipe
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Quick cooking rolled oats||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Semisweet chocolate pieces||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sweetened condensed milk||14 Ounce (1 Can, 1 1/4 Cups)|
|Chopped walnuts/Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1610 Calories from Fat 576
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g101%
Saturated Fat 34.7 g173.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 173.6 mg
Sodium 361.8 mg15.1%
Total Carbohydrates 234 g78%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.9%
Sugars 143.1 g
Protein 25 g50%
Vitamin A 23.9% Vitamin C 2.9%
Calcium 31.2% Iron 37%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, add 2 tablespoons of butter and set aside.
3. In a bowl, add leftover butter and use an electric mixer to beat it for 30 seconds.
4. Further, beat in brown sugar and baking soda, until combined. Combine eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla, flour and oats. Blend until combined properly.
5. In a saucepan, make filling by mixing reserved butter, chocolate chunks and sweetened condensed milk. Cook this mixture on low flame until chocolate melts. Stir so that chocolate lumps are not formed.
6. In an ungreased baking pan, press two-thirds portion of oats mixture into the bottom. Top with filling.
7. Now, add leftover oats mixture and again top with filling.
8. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until top layer seems lightly browned.
9. Cool in pan on wire rack.
10. Cut into bars and serve at once.