- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake French Toast Recipe Video
|Bread||2 (brioche or challah breads work well)|
|Reduced fat cream cheese||1 Ounce|
|Confectioner s sugar||1 Tablespoon (1/4 tbsp. for garnish remaining for the toast)|
|Vanilla||1⁄8 Teaspoon, 1|
|Raspberry jam||1 Tablespoon|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||1 Tablespoon (1/2 tbsp. for the garnishing and remaining for the toast)|
|Fresh raspberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), 1|
|Granulated sugar||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 592 Calories from Fat 208
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.3%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g56.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 248.6 mg
Sodium 608.7 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.7%
Sugars 40.7 g
Protein 17 g34.7%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 33.3%
Calcium 25.5% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium bowl whisk together the egg, milk, granulated sugar and cinnamon until well combined.
2. Mix the cream cheese confectioner’s sugar and vanilla together until smooth.
3. Spread the cream cheese mixture onto one of the slices of bread. Spread the jam onto the other slice of bread.
4. Scatter half the choco chips over one of the slices of bread and close the sandwich.
5. Dip the stuffed French toast into the egg mixture.
6. Heat a skillet, add in butter and place the bread.
7. Cook it for 3 minutes on the first side before turning it over and cooking it for 3 minutes on the second side.
8. Flip it back to the first side and cook it for one more minute.
9. Garnish toast with powdered sugar, the fresh raspberries berries and remaining chocolate chips.