- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Potato Cake Recipe
|Mashed potatoes||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||6 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Self raising flour||6 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Melted chocolate/4 level teaspoons, cocoa||1 1⁄2 Ounce (35 Gram)|
|Milk||80 Milliliter (4 Tablespoons, 20 Milliliter Each)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2839 Calories from Fat 1148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 130 g200.7%
Saturated Fat 76.8 g383.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 674.8 mg224.9%
Sodium 3000.7 mg125%
Total Carbohydrates 384 g128.1%
Dietary Fiber 18.1 g72.5%
Sugars 175.5 g
Protein 43 g86.9%
Vitamin A 68.1% Vitamin C 55.8%
Calcium 74.6% Iron 54.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, combine the fat and sugar and mashed potato and mix well.
2) If using melted, add it to the potato mix.
3) Beat the eggs, and add in.
4) Sift together the flour and salt and mix well and stir in milk to soften.
5) Equally divide the mix between two eight inch (20 cm) tins and place in an oven at 375°F (190°C), Gas Mark 5, for 25-30 minutes.
6) Check firmness and springiness of the top by lightly pressing.
7) Place on a rack to cool.
8) Sandwich together with any filling, then top with icing and decorate.