- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Pecan Cake Recipe
|Pecan||2 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Semisweet chocolate square||1 Ounce, grated|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dutch processed unsweetened cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1823 Calories from Fat 712
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 83 g127.8%
Saturated Fat 16 g80.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1057.4 mg
Sodium 358.3 mg14.9%
Total Carbohydrates 256 g85.4%
Dietary Fiber 22.5 g89.8%
Sugars 224.3 g
Protein 46 g91.6%
Vitamin A 32.3% Vitamin C 122.3%
Calcium 31.3% Iron 64.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven hot to 350 degrees.
2) Shred orange zest avoiding the white pith.
3) Using a food processor or nut grinder, grind pecans finely to measure 3/4 cup.
4) Grate chocolate coarsely.
5) Divide 4 egg yolks from white, placing yolks in large mixing bowl and whites in medium-size bowl.
6) Mix remaining whole egg and 1/4 cup sugar to yolks and beat with an electric mixer at high speed for about 10 minutes till thick.
7) Beat egg whites until frothy and gently add remaining sugar. Beat till whites form soft peaks. Keep aside.
8) Mix grated chocolate, cocoa, ground pecans, almond extract, orange zest, and cardamom to the yolk mixture and blend.
9) Fold whites into yolk mixture.
10) Transfer into a buttered and floured 8 1/2 x 4 1/4 x 3-inch loaf pan and bake for about 40 minutes.
11) Keep in pan to cool and turn out onto rack.
12) Serve cold.