- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Pastry Recipe
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (For One 8- Or 9-Inch Pie Shell:)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For One 8- Or 9-Inch Pie Shell:)|
|Cocoa||2 Tablespoon (For One 8- Or 9-Inch Pie Shell:)|
|Hydrogenated shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||3 Tablespoon (For One 8- Or 9-Inch Pie Shell:)|
Calories 418 Calories from Fat 242
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42.3%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 244.8 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 1.7% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) Combine the dry ingredients well, then cut in the shortening until there are pea size pieces.
3) Gradually stir in water into the flour mixture, press to form a firm ball and smoothen the edges.
4) Place the pastry between two long crossed strips of wax paper, forming a 12-inch square.
5) On a damp table, roll the pastry edges into circle and peel off the upper wax paper.
6) Place the pastry in the pan with the paper-side up, then peel off the paper and loosely place the pastry into the pan.
7) Trim pastry leaving 1/2 inch from the edges, fold pastry under and flute the edges.
8) Prick the pastry shell oll over and bake in the preheated oven for about 10 to 12 minutes.
9) Use as required.