- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Pancakes Recipe
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||8 , separated|
|Semi-sweet chocolate||2 Ounce|
Calories 506 Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45.3%
Saturated Fat 15 g74.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 464.5 mg
Sodium 188.8 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 27.1 g
Protein 19 g38.2%
Vitamin A 19.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 19.2% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat a 6 inch skillet to moderate temperature.
2) Take a saucepan and place it over low heat. Melt butter in it.
3) Add flour and sugar and blend well.
4) Slowly, add milk and cook until the mixture thickens.
5) Now, remove the saucepan from heat and allow the mixture to slightly cool down.
6) Stir in vanilla in the cooled mixture. Whisk egg yolks and add to the flour mixture.
7) Take a large mixing bowl and whisk egg whites to form stiff peaks. Gently add the flour mixture to the egg whites.
8) Next, slightly grease the skillet and pour a small amount of batter in it. Tilt the pan to enable the batter to spread evenly.
9) Cook pancake until brown and bubbly and then turn over to cook the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter.
10) Place the cooked pancake in a baking dish.
11) Drizzle grated sweet chocolate on one pancake and cover with the second cake, and again sprinkle grated chocolate on top. Serve warm.