- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate with Orange Drizzle Cake Recipe Video
|Self raising flour||225 Gram|
|Caster sugar||225 Gram|
|Cacao/Cacao powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Zest of orange||2|
|Caster sugar||90 Gram|
Calories 538 Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42.2%
Saturated Fat 16.4 g82%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 170.2 mg
Sodium 396.1 mg16.5%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 43.3 g
Protein 7 g13.8%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C 41.1%
Calcium 14.3% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a baking pan with butter and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/Gas mark 4.
3. In a large bowl, sift self – raising flour, add in the butter and cream together.
4. Stir in the cacao, orange zest and mix well.
5. Add in the eggs and incorporate all the ingredients.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
7. For drizzle – in a bowl, mix together orange juice and icing sugar.
8. Take out the cake and let it cool over the cooling rack.
9. Prick some hole into the cake and drizzle the orange frosting over the cake and spread evenly.
10. Slice the cake and serve for dessert.