- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Nut Bars Recipe
|Self raising flour||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Rolled oats||90 Milliliter (6 Level Tablespoon)|
|Soft tub margarine||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Dark brown sugar||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Vanilla flavoring||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg||70 Gram (Size 2)|
|Plain chocolate||3 Ounce (75 Grams)|
|Chopped mixed nuts||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2845 Calories from Fat 1431
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 161 g247.3%
Saturated Fat 39.5 g197.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 296.1 mg98.7%
Sodium 2070.1 mg86.3%
Total Carbohydrates 321 g107.1%
Dietary Fiber 21 g84%
Sugars 165.7 g
Protein 48 g96.7%
Vitamin A 87.9% Vitamin C 0.19%
Calcium 56.7% Iron 71.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Put the flour in a large bowl and mix in the oats.
3. Beat together the margarine, sugars, salt, vanilla flavouring and egg until they are pale and fluffy. Add the flour and oats and thoroughly mix the ingredients together.
4. Spread the mixture in the prepared dish and smooth the top. Microwave on HIGH for 4-5 minutes until it is cooked, when a wooden cocktail stick or skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Give the dish a quarter turn three times during the cooking time.
5. Allow the cake to stand in the dish for 3-5 minutes before turning it out on to a rack to cool.
6. Break the chocolate into pieces and put them in a small ovenproof glass bowl. Microwave on LOW for 3 minutes until the chocolate becomes soft and glossy on top and stir it well until it is smooth.
7. Spread the melted chocolate over the cooled cake and sprinkle it with the nuts. Cut the cake into 16 bars just before the chocolate sets.