- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Mousse Cake Recipe
|Chocolate wafer crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Semisweet chocolate pieces||36 Ounce (3 Packages, 12 Ounce Each)|
|Eggs||5 , separated (At Room Temperature)|
|Instant coffee powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Orange flavor liqueur||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chocolate ruffles||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Rich chocolate glaze||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8811 Calories from Fat 4848
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 551 g848.1%
Saturated Fat 330.5 g1652.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1841.1 mg613.7%
Sodium 1028.8 mg42.9%
Total Carbohydrates 923 g307.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.7%
Sugars 747.6 g
Protein 65 g130.4%
Vitamin A 202.5% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 52.2% Iron 61.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cut 3/4 cup butter or margarine (1 1/2 sticks) into small pieces. In heavy 4-quart saucepan over low heat, heat cut-up butter or margarine and semisweet chocolate pieces until butter or margarine and chocolate just melt and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly. Remove saucepan from heat.
3. In medium bowl, with wire whisk, beat egg yolks and instant-coffee powder until coffee dissolves; beat egg-yolk mixture into melted chocolate mixture; then slowly beat in orange-flavor liqueur.
4. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream, half at a time, into chocolate mixture.
5. In small bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until foamy. Add 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar and continue beating until whites stand in stiff peaks. With rubber spatula, fold beaten whites, half at a time, into chocolate mixture until blended. Pour mixture over crust in springform pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
6. Prepare Chocolate Ruffles.
7. Next day, prepare Rich Chocolate Glaze. Remove side of springform pan from cake. Place cake, still on pan bottom, on wire rack over waxed paper. Spread chocolate glaze over top and down side of cake. Refrigerate cake until ready to serve.