- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Mousse: Sweet World #3 Recipe Video
|Semi-sweet chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy whipping cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Heavy whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Chocolate shavings||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 527 Calories from Fat 381
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.8%
Saturated Fat 24.6 g122.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 229 mg
Sodium 144.7 mg6%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.18 g0.71%
Sugars 19.9 g
Protein 6 g12.2%
Vitamin A 28.9% Vitamin C 0.9%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needspatula, stand mixer
1. In 3 small bowls, separate 2 egg yolks, 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg and set aside.
2. In a microwave proof bowl, melt the chocolate in microwave, using 30 seconds blast for about 1 ½ minutes and stir well after each blast and set aside.
3. In a mixer bowl, fitted in a stand mixer beat 2 egg whites until stiff peak forms.
4. Remove the mixer bowl and transfer the egg white and transfer it into other bowl and set aside.
5. In the same mixer bowl, beat 1 ¼ cup of cream and beat until thick and fold in the egg whites.
6. Whisk in whole egg and egg yolks and rum in the chocolate, until well combined.
7. Add in 2 tablespoons of the cream mixture and mix to lighten the mixture.
8. Carefully fold the chocolate mixture into the remaining egg white mixture and fold until there are no streaks of white left.
9. In individual bowls, divide the chocolate – egg white mixture, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours to over night.
10. When ready to serve, whip all the ingredients for garnish except chocolate shavings in mixer until thick.
11 Spoon the cream vanilla mixture on top of each mousse and sprinkle with some chocolate shavings and serve.