- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Mousse Recipe Video
|Bittersweet chocolate/Semisweet chocolate||1⁄2 Pound (Use Good Quality)|
|Eggs||6 Large, separated|
|Amaretto/Cordial||4 Tablespoon (Of Your Choice)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||8 Tablespoon, separated 4 and 4|
Calories 946 Calories from Fat 602
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g106%
Saturated Fat 40 g200.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 481.6 mg
Sodium 156.8 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 64.3 g
Protein 14 g28.6%
Vitamin A 42.6% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 17.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) Separate the eggs and place the yolks in a small bowl.
3) Save the egg whites in a separate bowl that you will whip later.
4) Wisk 3 Tbls of water into the yolks.
5) Wisk the yolks constantly over the water bath,until you have
a custard like consistency. Blend into the melted chocolate
6) Place the chocolate mixture back into the water bath until
thorougly blended. Take out of the water bath and set aside.
7) Beat 2 cups of the heavy cream with 4 Tbls of the sugar.
Beat until you have soft peaks. Then lightly fold into chocolate.
8) Beat egg whites until soft peak stage then add the remaining
4Tbls of sugar and continue until the egg whites are fluffy
9) Mix gently folding over and under with spatula. Pour the mousse into a serving bowl.
10) Decorate with whipped cream,shaved chocolate and raspberries.
This video is a creation of chef-ellie-espo. You can visit chef-ellie-espo for complete recipes, and more videos.