- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Mint Dessert Recipe
|Graham cracker crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||3 , slightly beaten|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Creme de menthe||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 Ounce, melted (2 Squares Of 1 Ounce Each)|
Calories 375 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.2%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g60.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 138.4 mg46.1%
Sodium 86 mg3.6%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 31.2 g
Protein 11 g21.2%
Vitamin A 6.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 12.1% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Blend together the melted butter and cracker crumbs.
2) Keep 1 tablespoon of the mixture aside and spread the remaining mixture in a 10x6x1 ½-inch baking dish.
3) Combine together the gelatin, cornstarch and ½ cup sugar. Add the milk and mix well.
4) Cook the mixture, stirring all the time, till it is boiling.
5) To the egg yolks, add a small amount of the hot mixture, mix well and return to the hot mixture.
6) Cook the concoction for about 1 minute, till it is partially thick.
7) Beat the egg whites till they start to form soft peaks and then add the ¼ cup of sugar very gradually.
8) Beat to form stiff peaks and then fold into the custard.
9) Whip the cream and fold it into the custard as well.
10) Remove 1 ½ cups of the mixture and add the crÃ¨me de menthe to it.
11) Into the remaining mixture, stir the chocolate.
12) Over the crumbs, spread half of the chocolate mixture and then cover with a layer of mint. Top with a layer of the remaining chocolate.
13) With the reserved crumbs, top the layers.
14) Chill till the preparation is firm.
15) Serve the preparation chilled. Best when served as a dessert. Scoop into individual custard bowls and then serve. A mint leave can be used as garnish.