- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Mint Cups Recipe
|Rice cereal||1 Cup (16 tbs), slightly crushed (Crisp)|
|Coconut||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), flaked|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Semisweet chocolate pieces||6 Ounce (1 Cup, 1 Package)|
|Peppermint ice cream||3 Cup (48 tbs) (6 Scoops)|
Calories 362 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.9%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.5 mg
Sodium 76.3 mg3.2%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.7 g2.8%
Sugars 33.5 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 0.5% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a medium mixing bowl and mix crushed cereal, coconut, and walnuts. Keep the mixture aside.
2. Take a heavy saucepan and heat it. Add chocolate pieces in the pan and heat until melted.
3. Remove the saucepan from heat and add cereal mixture.
4. Take a greased, deep muffin pan and press about 1/3 cup mixture firmly onto bottom and sides. This is done to form a shell.
5. Repeat the same process with the leftover cereal mixture. Make 6 shells in all.
6. Chill all the shells until firm.
7. Add a large scoop of peppermint ice cream in every shell.
8. Cover the pan lightly and freeze until firm.
9. Make sure to remove the dish from the freezer a few minutes before serving.
10. Also, remove every stuffed shell from muffin pan carefully.