- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Mint Bars Recipe
|Betty crocker milk chocolate cake mix||15 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), packed|
|Peppermint flavoring||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Chocolate frosting mix||5 1⁄4 Ounce, whipped (1 Package)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||1 Ounce, melted|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3945 Calories from Fat 1634
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 187 g287.8%
Saturated Fat 69.5 g347.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 545 mg
Sodium 3338.3 mg139.1%
Total Carbohydrates 544 g181.3%
Dietary Fiber 42.9 g171.6%
Sugars 356.6 g
Protein 58 g116.8%
Vitamin A 38.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 67.9% Iron 132.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Butter and flour an oblong pan of 13x9x2-inches.
3) In a bowl, combine together half of the dry cake mix, eggs, butter and brown sugar. Mix well.
4) Add the remaining cake mix and flavoring and blend well.
5) Add the nuts. Stir well.
6) Spread the mixture in the prepared pan.
7) Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, till the top cracks.
8) Make the Chocolate Whipped Frosting as per package directions and adding the peppermint flavor to it.
9) Spread on the base and drizzle chocolate on top.
11) Cut the preparation into bars and serve as a snack or a party food for kids.