- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Mint Bars Recipe
|Betty crocker milk chocolate cake mix||1 (1 Package)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peppermint flavoring||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Chocolate frosting mix||12 Ounce, whipped (1 Package)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||1 Ounce, melted (1 Square)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4990 Calories from Fat 1961
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 224 g344.3%
Saturated Fat 82.4 g412%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 545 mg
Sodium 4159.9 mg173.3%
Total Carbohydrates 727 g242.2%
Dietary Fiber 47.7 g190.6%
Sugars 505.3 g
Protein 62 g124.2%
Vitamin A 38.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 77.1% Iron 158.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Butter and flour an oblong pan of 13x9x2-inches.
3) In a bowl, combine together half of the dry cake mix, eggs, butter and brown sugar. Mix well.
4) Add the remaining cake mix and flavoring and blend well.
5) Add the nuts. Stir well.
6) Spread the mixture in the prepared pan.
7) Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, till the top cracks.
8) Make the Chocolate Whipped Frosting as per package directions and adding the peppermint flavor to it.
9) Spread on the base and drizzle chocolate on top.
11) Cut the preparation into bars and serve as a snack or a party food for kids.